All 1,141 audio Reviews

Venturescape - Episode 2: Memories Venturescape - Episode 2: Memories

Beautiful work. Happy to be featured. I've already told you a bit of what I think about this brilliant piece, but it's a little eerie that Jessica died on my fiancee's birthday, lol. Also just noticed Billy's mom stole my middle name.

Could use a little less mid and a bit more high end on young Billy and maybe better recording conditions with less 'verbing, but other than that, great work all around. I especially enjoyed the performance with Kathryn Cloud. Nice, clear, bright, and authentic. You've also done a good job of mixing a lot of diverse recording conditions along with several different compositions and making it sound good.

Nice work! Let me know if you need another piece or some spoopy SFX.

RealFaction responds:

Aww :c I'm sorry. Happy birthday to her though xD lol what?? Really? Dang thats freaky haha. It's a pretty name idk I liked it. Didn't know it was your middle name xD

Mark's (Young Billy's actor) mic wasn't the best so it was harder to work with sadly. Thank you :) absolutely!

WOAH! WOAH!

Feels really thrown together and awkward. Just not enjoying it at all.

Slix Slaz Slix Slaz

Can't tell if it was made with loops or not as the user below alleges. However, the track itself was rather short and sort of bland. Sounds kind of like 80's TV show music mixed in with trap. Not really a huge fan. Would appreciate a longer track with a bit more intrigue to it.

The Lift Gem The Lift Gem

The writing of this is pretty interesting. Would be much better if you had some proper mixing software. The static-y cymbals and the overall cheapy sounding keys get grating after a while.

Rip Rip

This is weird as hell. I can see someone sampling this prior to a dubstep drop. Next time, beatbox more.

Bass Syringe BIG ROOM Bass Syringe BIG ROOM

This is probably the most original big room tune I've ever heard. And I mean that in the sense of it not sounding the exact same as every other big room song ever, in the same key, etc. Nice work.

Smash Dash to the Max Smash Dash to the Max

Really, really repetitive! Decent sound, but it sounds almost like you're using loops. Is that the case?

ZoeW responds:

I use loops for some of my songs, this is one of them. Thanks so much for the feedback!

Venturescape (Official Trailer) Venturescape (Official Trailer)

Love that you've got all these VA's together. Mastering could be a little more consistent across clips, but I'm interested to see what else you come up with!

RealFaction responds:

Thanks. But honestly it was hard working with different mics, not all of them were top notch quality, so some won't sound as good as others, sadly. Thanks! Episode 1 drops the 25th.

Echoes (Venturescape Theme) Echoes (Venturescape Theme)

Good piece. A little too much reverb though. At points there are frequencies sticking out on that verb that shouldn't be. Also feels like your bass needs to be a bit louder until that sub comes in and your high mids more tamed and taken down a bit -- that high octave pad namely. The rest is absolutely lovely.

RealFaction responds:

Thanks. I dunno, honestly, I wanted to give that space to make an atmosphere to sound spacey. Hmm...I see though. Thanks.

The Anticipated The Anticipated

Interesting! Lots of catchy melodies, good chord progression, and clear mix. It's just a little bit bass heavy, but some people like that. I really like the addition of the strings and the acidy filters. Just a good, solid piece. At 1:41 the strings were a bit overbearing though. Watch that.

At 2:24 I'm hearing a note that feels like it shouldn't be there, clashing against the tonal center. Otherwise, f'ing inspired.

I'd ask if you minded if I did a cover of this, but seeing as it's a commission, I'd have to ask your customer. *.*

RealFaction responds:

Thanks! Really? Hmm. I see. Thanks. :) Well yeah most of my songs today are commissions. Would be cool though, this took a long while to make with lots of layers.